It (the chart) says so.
I say so.
Accomplishments
Losses:
- 42 pounds
- 12.8% in body fat over a year
- countless inches from all over...waist, hips, chest, neck, forearm, upper arm, thighs, calves, etc.
Gains:
- Knowledge about my body, THE body, nutrition, exercise and overall fitness.
- The ability to run again...multiple miles at a time, with a sustainable pace, and an incline.
- The ability to do REAL push-ups (ladies, this is a FEAT for all women) and take that to the next level by doing them on stability balls, bosus, medicine balls, etc.
- Increased overall endurance, power endurance, and power.
- Increased self-efsteem and a more positive self-image.
- The ability to enjoy shopping and clothes again. The ability to feel PROUD of myself.
- I said this last year, and I'll say it again this year: a renewed sense of self-worth. I DESERVE THIS BECAUSE I EARNED IT.
Many people think that journeys like this are all about what you lose - pournds, inches, etc. And, while that's important for some (to an extent), for me, what I have gained and continue to gain far outweigh the losses.
Bottom line - these things are all positive changes for me. And, I hope that I can inspire others to make positive changes for themselves as well - no matter what the 'change' may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment