I got my haircut today and I love "haircut day." My hair feels great, my stylist is so fun to talk to, and I walk out feeling way more confident than when I walked in.
But - that's not the point of my blog today.
The reason I write is to share a premonition I had while in the chair today.
As we tend to do, Rick (stylist) and I were chatting about anything/everything. Our love lives inevitably come up. Well, Rick's easy - he's been settled down with Andrew for years now and I'm always happy to hear that they're still doing well.
Conversation turns to me -- and we start talking about guys and dating and all my experiences (or lack there of) recently. He then tells me about this friend who he was recently out with. A group of guys, one in particular, were checking her out. She and Rick were about to leave when she decides to go up to the guy and give him her card.
I was so impressed with her confidence
Then I thought - and I shared this with him - I think I could do that. I'm not a shy person. Where I lack in confidence is actually believing that a person is showing interest in me.
NO! I AM NOT FISHING FOR A COMPLIMENT WHEN I SAY THIS. So don't think that, please.
I, honestly, second guess myself all the time when it comes to guys. It's not that I think that it's implausible that they could find me attractive... It's that I want to believe in my instincts -- that this person is 'into' me.
I've been misguided by these senses before and, yes, it's caused a confidence problem. I'm not sure the remedy - except to practice these interactions.
Thankfully Rick has agreed to help. Any other takers?
No comments:
Post a Comment