Friday, July 16, 2010

In the fray

Life is good.
Some relationships have never been stronger.
I'm still doing things that are just for me.
Work is challenging and exciting (albeit sometimes frustrating).
I am trying new things (hellooooooo "Jazzerciz").
I've met some people recently that I think could really turn into life-long friends.

But, part of me continues to get caught in the fray of...giving too much of myself on things I shouldn't; a nagging feeling that the gap is widening between me and people I care about most; feeling 'left out' or 'behind' or 'annoying'; feeling like I may ~never~ find someone; etc.

If I read this, I'd naturally think, "This person just craves drama!" But, I really don't! I just have a little button in my head that gets triggered by these very specific things. ..

Of course, I remind myself to go back to that first statement - life IS good. It really is.

So, what gives?

No comments: