Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Aid

I found this while going through some old files this morning as I cleaned up my desk... brought back some caustic memories, but also reminded me of how far I've come and that, though not perfect, I no longer feel like this...and won't ever allow myself to again.

First Aid
By: Tracy Kraft - 05/16/06

My heart is breaking.
I keep trying to mend it with a band-aid.
From time to time, the band-aid gets ripped off.
The shock leaves my heart aching, bare and bleeding.
So I replace it with a new one and add a little ointment
A temporary fix, so I can hang on just a little longer…
Until, this one wears out and falls off, too.
Eventually, the box wof band-aids ill run out.
I’ll be exposed and vulnerable.
And my heart will either be healed, or beyond repair…
Either way, I know I can’t afford to buy any more band-aids.

No comments: