Dear Grandpa,
It's been almost 2 weeks since you passed away.
The 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, but it has not allowed me to forget the significance of your life and all that you did.
It's hard to believe your gone, but were you just holding on those last few years for all of us? I don't know.
I wish I knew more than I do. I wish I had been closer to you, but always felt your presence in my life and remember our adventures anyway -- the race from thet park to the trailer in Texas, the 50th anniversary party, Shuffleboard in Bullhead City, trying to teach you Euchre, the trailer making its way to Antioch, Scott's wedding, your visit when Gene was with mom and dad, when you told me I was very "strong" and that you, "should hook me up to the plow" (thanks for that, btw), and, of course, the get togethers for Gene and Pat...
I love you and will miss you.
Tracy
No comments:
Post a Comment