You know those days when someone does something so nice and thoughtful that somehow all your faith in humanity is restored?
Today was not one of those days.
I haven't lost it completley, but my conviction definitely isn't as strong.
I don't want to go into details (I don't need to validate my feelings to the virtual world), but I will say that the ability to trust those around me - those I've felt a bond with or very close to - isn't fully there anymore.
That trust was broken today when something so personal was made to be so convenient for someone else. That trust was broken today when something so trivial was an effort to exclude. That trust was broken today when yet another promise was broken.
I haven't cried in weeks, but tonight I broke down.
Trust exists for a reason -- b/c people need to know they're not alone. That there is somoene out there who understands, who has their back, who's gonna be there -- NO MATTER WHAT.
When that is broken, lonliness inevitably sets in. And, through the sad and lonely feelings, all you can wonder is... Why? Why would they do that?
No comments:
Post a Comment