"We create our fate every day...most of the ills we suffer from are directly traceable to our own behavior."
-Henry Miller
You can apply this thought to a lot of things -- our attitude/outlook on life, our validation for why things are they way they are, the idea of mind over matter.
But, more practically speaking, the quote embraces one the reasons I choose to make the decisions I do concerning nutrition and fitness.
Net/Net: I want to feel good. And, I want to feel good for a long time. And, so much of what we eat and do (or don't do!) contributes to this feeling. So, if I can control that "feeling good," I'm going to do so.
For another viewpoint on this, beyond a simple quote I found inspiration in and affiliation with, check out this post from @BAMFathletics: http://bit.ly/iZ4RFl. And, be a badass!
-Henry Miller
You can apply this thought to a lot of things -- our attitude/outlook on life, our validation for why things are they way they are, the idea of mind over matter.
But, more practically speaking, the quote embraces one the reasons I choose to make the decisions I do concerning nutrition and fitness.
Net/Net: I want to feel good. And, I want to feel good for a long time. And, so much of what we eat and do (or don't do!) contributes to this feeling. So, if I can control that "feeling good," I'm going to do so.
For another viewpoint on this, beyond a simple quote I found inspiration in and affiliation with, check out this post from @BAMFathletics: http://bit.ly/iZ4RFl. And, be a badass!
No comments:
Post a Comment