Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Interesting Opinion

An article from Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer, this piece discusses thea amibitious programs that our newly elected President is putting forth.

Read it here.

Some of Krauthammer's opinions/claims seem far-fetched. For example, I don't remember Obama ever saying that Energy, Health Care and Education are teh CAUSE of the financial crisis. However, I do concur that to allocate billions of spending to these programs with the thought that it will pull our economy up, is just plain silly. Detached and unfounded, and still a bit catty, to me.

You're Pres. now Mr. Obama...there's no need to place blame and point fingers any longer. Stop trying to win the race. You've got the blue-ribbon. All that's left to do is solve problems and move forward.

On the other hand, the confidence and rhetoric are both still very well-received and I don't think anything is as important right now as having someone to call the leader. But, we need to have faith and trust (well, as much as we can w/ a politician, right?) and this just makes everything convoluted all over again. Who can we trust? Do shouting 'buzz' words like Energy, Healthcare, and Education make it easy to get ridiculous and expensive earmarks (legacy or not) through the legislature w/o enough scrutiny? Or, are these words sincere and this plan sound?

More research must be done, because I just don't know...

:-\

No comments: