So, I went to his house and we walked to the Daly City tennis courts. PLOT FOILED...the courts were full. Damn!
So, we decided to try the local high school. We walked over there and found 2 open courts. SWEET! Now...how do we get in there? After 20 minutes of trying to find the entrance, our Gen-Y attitudes get the best of us and we decide to hop the fence. Niel does so with ease...but he's also 6'2". I have no problems getting on top of the fence, but then realize where I have chose to climb has a mote (canal...gutter...whatever you want to call it, I like mote) below, making my fall a little scary.
But, after a few minutes of being a girl about it, I decide I am going to launch myself off the fence onto the pavement. I know I'll probably fall, but I am ready, it will be fine.
Little did I know that my pants would get caught in the fence, hang there for a minute and fall into the mote onto my right arm. Ouch! Mother of God that was not fun! It was, however, FUNNY!
Niel and I began laughing. He asked if I was okay. I thought I was. So, we laughed some more and carried on. We started playing tennis. A while (maybe 45 minutes or so) goes by and I realize I have a gaping hole in the BUTT of my pants. Lovely. Oh well, I was playing with open wounds, I might as well play with open pants. hahhaa. :)
Niel wins the match 2 sets to 1.
We walk (well, I hobble) back to his casa and I clean up the mess I have made of myself. Luckily, no real permanent damage done - some scraps, some bruises, some soreness (hopefully no tetanus).

I'd ask myself how this happens to me...but it's just too common of an occurrence to think anything other than - "it's just Tracy."
No comments:
Post a Comment