Monday, October 5, 2009

40.

It's official. I hit the 40lb mark.

Less than a year to do it. Totally healthy the entire time. No crashes. No weird diets. Just conscious, mindful eating paired with an aggressive (but not unreasonable) activity schedule that bends and changes with me.

More importantly (and to follow on my last post) - I've done this for me. The one thing I can say has been solely for and about me in the past year.

MOST importantly, it's inspired others around me - including my parents- who now have branched out to include new things in their diet (i.e. quinoa!) and are developing good activity habits of their own.

It's not about achieving a perfect body or fitting into a societal mold. (Though - shopping is actually fun again, I won't lie. I hated it for so long.)

It's about being healthy, happy and proud of myself - the self-esteem tri-fecta!

This milestone helps to keep me there.

No comments: