Sunday, November 2, 2008

Buddha Chinaski Says

sometimes
you have to take
a step or
two
back,
re-treat

take
a month
off

don't
do anything
don't
want to
do anything

peace is
paramount
pace is
paramount

whatever
you want
you aren't going to
get
it by
trying too
hard.

-- Charles Bukowski

One of my favorite poets, who's work I turn to quite often for advice, wisdom, peace, etc. Today I open one of his books to the poem above, only to be shaken into reality as if Bukowski himself was speaking to me about - getting well (I've been sick for about 10 days), staying on track w/ my goals, relationships, everything.... Ohhh Bukowski, you know me far too well, it's scary!

1 comment:

KneD said...

I was looking for a poem by Bukowski - which I think is the second part of the one you posted, And I stumbled onto your blog. Reading your blog I couldn't help but thinking of the title of another Bukowski poem "having the flu and with nothing else to do".

I would post it here, but the content of the poem is completely non relevant here.

Take care.

P.S. I just realise how random this comment is :) Well, nevermind.