It's not about before and after. It's not about fitting into a mold. It's not a competition.
It's just me...trying to improve me through health, social situations, work, etc. It has nothing to do with what you do or how you live. It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong.
So, when I tell you that I need to eat b/c my body says so, I'm not judging you for not. When I want to go for a run, I'm not acting as if I'm some professional. When I choose fruit, I'm not judging you for getting french fries. When I say work's going well, don't sigh and exclaim, "Finally - I was tired of hearing that it wasn't." When I turn down a piece of cheesecake, don't scorn me and act as if I let you down.
You don't need to tell me that what I'm passing on isn't "that bad for you." Please don't roll your eyes at me when I look at the nutrition facts. Don't treat me like I was a burden when I was coming to you for an open ear. Just tell me you don't want to hear it, and I'll find someone else who does, or keep it to myself.
I'm sharing things with you b/c it's important to me - not b/c I'm trying to be superior.
So, please stop arguing with me. Please stop being defensive. Stop trying to knock me off my high-horse - I'm not on one.
Just be supportive. Just... be a friend.
And remember....
"Anyone can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a VERY fine nature to sympathize with a friends success" -- Oscar Wilde
No comments:
Post a Comment