Sunday, November 2, 2008

Belated: The Return to SLO

A couple weeks ago some good friends and I made a return to our beloved college town, San Luis Obispo. It had been over 2 years since my last visit and I was quite hesitant about the return. So much has changed in my life, and I wasn't sure that the sanctity of my dear friend, SLO, had been maintained.


Luckily, despite a parking lot replaced by retail and some new buildings on Cal Poly's campus, all was as wonderful as I remembered. Hell, my pit of house even remains - untouched. (1426 - forever!)


The memories definitely floated to the surface and many were relived around town in the various locations that we frequented during our short (but monumental) stay of 4 (more for some) years, including: 1426 (as mentioned), Yanagi's, Foothill and Hacienda, Woodstock's, Fresher Nail, the COB Breezeway, Santa Lucia (330!), Bali's, the bars (which have changed names), and - of course - Firestone's. :)

Here's one pic of some of us girls, but to see the rest, click here.


No comments: