Thursday, September 24, 2009

Being Me Was Enough...

When do you ever entirely feel that way?

If you can say, "I always feel that way," you're either lying or increbily lucky/smart. If the latter, I am incredibly envious.

However, I do have those rare moments in life where all my barriers come down, I don't shy away, I don't hide anything and I just say, "look this is me - all of me - i hope you like it." And, when I get a positive response, it's probably the best feeling in the world.

That's not to say I'm lying the other 90% of the time... it just means, that I am not to a point where I feel confident enough to bare it all. A product of being self-conscious and dealing with self-esteem battles.

In any case - when it does happen, I have hope that those true connections between 2 people - whether friends or lovers or whatever - really do exist.

No comments: