GQ and Frenchie
I see this guy and his pooch almost everyday. He's very trendy, kind of "L.A." looking, but very attractive ("But" b/c I normally don't go for the So. Cal look). His dog (who's name I have yet to catch) is an extremely adorable EXTRA big-eared frenchie whom I have contemplated stealing many times so I can have him to snuggle with. Anyway -- I recently recently spotted my marina neighbor and his pooch patronizing my favorite coffee shop. He looked to be on a date, maybe even a first date, and, though I wasn't trying to eve's drop, I couldn't help but overhear him say something that was completely unexpected.
"I love my dog. But, I had to get him b/c a guy walking alone down the street is just not as welcomed as someone with a dog. People don't look at me like I'm crazy when I have my dog w/ me. Apparently, it makes me more approachable."
I heard this and thought, "wow - no way!" I would have never thought this guy would notice "what people thought." Nor, did I ever think "approachable" was something I considered a dog-owner to naturally be. But, I pondered for a minute and thought, "He's right!." Sans dog, I'd see this guy and think (sorry) douche bag. And maybe he is... But, why did the dog lower his tendancy for douche-baggery (haha - douche-baggery) for me?
Lesson No. 1: The age-old addage remains - Don't judge a book by its cover (or by its pet).
Lesson No. 2: I REALLY want a dog! :(
Bathrooms, bathrooms everywhere, but not a spot to pee...
I was in a parking garage yesterday, and was getting ready to head out. It was 10am or so...in otherwords, broad daylight. Sigh...as I go to start my car, I look up and see a man climbing the stairs. He pauses, looks around, and steps behind a van. I think, "is he PEEING?!...no way! It's not 2 am and it's not like there aren't any bathrooms around!" (the parking garage was one for stores, a gym, etc.) The man slinks off back down the stairs. I drive away...puddle next to the van. He did pee...sicko.
In summary... Unless your drunk, its after dark, there are no bathrooms around and/or you're on the Bay-to-Breakers route - hold it until you can properly (and sanitarily) release!
No comments:
Post a Comment