I've subscribed to RealAge for...oh, I dont know, 5 years now. Love everything about their tips, advice, etc. Here's one that I thought was extra-inspiring.
"The most powerful tool you have is taking responsibility for how you think and what you focus on. What you think is what happens."
--Patricia Moreno, founder, SatiLife.com
Week #2: Choose SuccessNow you're starting to see how the benefits of not doing something (reaching for the cigarette or the cookie) outweigh the benefits of doing it. This week, take those good feelings and budding habits even further:
1. Review your successes so far. Be impressed by what happens when you focus and commit. Cool, yes? Now, use that momentum to propel yourself even further. Tracy-ism: So true...hence my random updates here. You have to have a little pride in what you're doing for youself, right?
2. Change your label. Think of yourself as a slimmer (fitter, younger, healthier, happier, smoke-free) person. One hallmark of people who successfully change their lives or their bodies is that they change how they define themselves. This is a hard one for me. I see improvment but still see that same girl that I've always resented, physically speaking. We're working on it, though.
3. Silence the no. Little doubts can convince you that you don't deserve it or that you're not strong enough. Squash this negativity. Quick. Focus on your longing for a different result than you've had in the past. Tell the negative voices, "Get out of here." (Really. Try it.) This makes me feel better about talking to myself..haha. Seriously though, I have to do this...when I'm cooking, when I'm running, when I'm stressed about a project at work. So much of what we do is mental....which is great, because we can control that! :)
See all of the tips from RealAge here.
No comments:
Post a Comment