For almost 10 years, I've been a lightweight insomniac. It started my sophomore year of college. A crazy living situation, coupled with working and school, and some changes I was unprepared to deal with triggered something in my sleeping pattern then and it never really returned back to normal.
During college it didn't really affect me too much because my schedule was constantly changing and there was really no routine. However, since then it's been very touch and go. On average, I get about 5-6 hours of sleep total per night but rarely (if ever) sleep all the way through. Every 6 months or so the insomnia gets extremely bad and causes weird dreams, nightmares, and me to be wide-awake for hours at a time. Many times. I can attribute this with whatever abnormality is going on in my life - a change in routine, stress, diet, etc..
However, I've been dealing with another bad stint over the past 8-10 days and have no idea why. Work is busy, but good. My diet and routine have never been better. I've been dating, hanging out with friends, etc. There are some little, normal stressors but nothing out of the ordinary. It's baffling.
Unforunately, it's starting to take its toll on me. My brain feels fuzzy. My head hurts. My energy is down.
Anyone have any decent, non-habit forming, sleep-inducing suggestions for me?
1 comment:
I HEAR MEDITATION HELPS AND VITAMIN B HELPS AS WELL. I LOVE YOU MATO AND THE WORLD IS SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU IN IT!=)
Post a Comment